We are so glad you are considering Imagination Station or Imagination Station Express to care for your child! We have been providing quality childcare to our community since April of 1998, and we are owned and operated by Pete and De Cyril.
At both centers we provide loving, safe care for up to 192 full time children. Imagination Station provides care for 92 full time children ranging in age from six weeks to twelve years. Imagination Station Express/Clubhouse provides care for up to 100 full time children, ranging from three years through twelve years of age.
Social skills such as consistent use of manners, resolving conflicts, accepting responsibility, natural cause and effect and playing effectively with others will be encouraged, along with the developmental skills that are appropriate for each child’s age and maturity level at all age levels.
We feel it is important to point out that we are a faith-based center and are not affiliated with any specific church. Our center does sing songs such as “Jesus Loves Me,” view videos that teach bible principles from the “Veggie Tales” series, read from a children’s bible on occasion and we also teach a simple grace the children sing before lunch. We try to honor all religions as much as possible.
Children with special needs can only be admitted after an interview to determine if your child’s needs can be met at either center. This interview should take place with both parents present. We will need copies of any formal evaluations, IEP/IFSP documents or other tools you have been given pertaining to your child’s learning, in order to best care for and educate him or her prior to your child starting. If your child is a preschooler and attends one of the special education ASD preschools, please provide us with school and teachers name. We will have a release of information form for you to fill out so that we may speak with your child’s teacher to ensure that we are all on the same page with your child’s needs. We will do everything possible to help meet their goals.Pre-School is Taku, North Wood and Campbell Elementary.
For school-aged children, we currently offer transportation to Gladys Wood, Sand Lake, Willow Crest and Chinook Elementary and PM pick up only at Northern Lights ABC. School Bus service to and from Taku Elementary is provided by the Anchorage School District. Pre-school Special Education through ASD is available and will be determined by ASD. If you have any questions about their program please contact the IMS main office for more information.
ENROLLMENT IN IMAGINATION STATION
Enrollment Requirements and Procedures include the following:
The following items must be made available to us before service can be provided:
- A completed Child Registration form.
- Proof of current immunizations
- We will also accept children who have Medical or Religious exemption requirements. Please stop by the office for required forms.
- A Physical (well-child exam) within the last year
- Emergency release cards with signatures on front & back and with at least 2 other people who can assume responsibility for your child other than their parent.
- Topical product, Food Grant Eligibility, and Photo Release
- Transportation agreement forms if needed (needed for all school-aged children)
- $75.00 non-refundable registration fee per child (due annually every October)
- Formal evaluations, IEP/IFSP documents if needed
- We need medications in original bottles, child’s name, showing dosages, date and prescribing Dr’s. name.
- An Asthma release form (even if child has only mild Asthma)
- Asthma medication to be left at center
- Complete Comfort Care Kits- to be updated as the child grows and moves to other classrooms.
- General permission slip for lunch and gym travel between both buildings
Another site designed by
Imagination Station Express
5651 Denali St.
Anchorage, AK 99518
(907) 563-8291 Fax (907) 563-8830
All Rights Reserved